Minutes of previous branch meeting
Threat of Individual, Incremental and/or Mass Redundancies:
This extraordinary meeting is dedicated to discuss the threat of individual, incremental and/or mass redundancies at the University of Exeter, including:
1. Any and all attempts (whether completed, under discussion, or halted), since the Collective Agreement was signed in July 2020, to revise or amend policy and procedures concerning redundancy, restructuring, redeployment and the non-renewal of fixed-term contracts at the University of Exeter
2. Any and all attempts to institute any element of redundancy procedures against staff since the Collective Agreement, including any initial consultation with a view towards potential redundancies
3. The scale of the threat posed to members’ individual and collective interests by developments relating to points 1 and 2 above
4. The official position of the branch in relation to points 1, 2 and 3 above
5. Communication with branch members about developments relating to points 1, 2, 3 and 4 above
6. Future strategy for fighting individual and/or mass redundancies at the University of Exeter
Call for motions:
Motions pertaining to the threat of individual, incremental and/or mass redundancies can be received for this extraordinary meeting by noon 7 December 2020. We would appreciate receiving motions formatted following the template provided here.
Motions received for discussion:
Please send any proposed amendment by noon on Wednesday 9 December to the branch secretary Claire Foullon, President Sharon Strawbridge, Vice-President and Chair for this meeting Chris Boyle, and anti-casualisation officer Aimee Le, who will be co-host for this online meeting.